5964 - Marriage and Family Therapy
- Program Title
- Marriage and Family Therapy
- Degree Designation
- Program Level
- Instruction Mode
- On Campus
- Program Description
- This program includes the following options: community counseling, elementary and secondary school counseling and rehabilitation counseling. Practicum and internship experiences are required for graduation. Rehabilitation counselors help people deal with the personal, social, and vocational effects of disabilities. They counsel people with disabilities resulting from birth defects, illness or disease, accidents, or the stress of daily life. They evaluate the strengths and limitations of individuals, provide personal and vocational counseling, and arrange for medical care, independent living, vocational training and job placement. School counselors work in K-12 educational settings to assist with the educational , vocational , personal, and social development of all students. In carrying out their responsibilities, school counselors work with students, parents, teachers, school personnel and community agencies. College Student Development at SCSU prepares students for positions in a variety of higher education settings such as admissions, housing, residential life, academic and special advising, career development, placement and planning, financial aid, records and registration, international student services and advisement, community service programs, multicultural and minority student services, student activities and other student support systems.
- Community Psychology, Counseling & Family Therapy
- School of Health and Human Services
A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution.
The GRE is not required.
A current resume listing educational background, professional experience, and volunteer involvement.
A personal statement including statement of interest, background information, professional goals, strengths and challenges in seeking a graduate degree. For more information, go to program website.
Admission GPA: Interview Required.
3 9 credits of internship over 12 months is required.
Graduate Plan A
Graduate Plan B
Graduate Plan C
See program website for additional information.
- License and job readiness
- research/ethics based skills competency
- Systems and development based
- Cultural Curiosity