SE641 - Application and Database Systems
- Course Number
- Course ID
- Course Level
- Instruction Mode
- Computer Science/Information Technology
- Database modeling, design, and implementation. Relational and non-relational databases, databases management, querying, transactions, concurrency, and crash recovery. Database indexing. Parallel and distributed databases. Prereq.: SE 640.
- Cross Listed Courses
Goals and Diversity
- MN Goal Course
- MN Goal Designation(s)
- Cultural Diversity
- Apply data modeling and design techniques to create relational and non-relational databases.
- Implement techniques for transaction processing, query optimization, concurrency control, and crash recovery.
- Define and discuss parallel and distributed databases.
- Apply fast indexing techniques to databases.
- Integrate relational and non-relational databases with software systems.