ENGL332 - Writing for the Professions
- Course Number
- Course ID
- Course Level
- Instruction Mode
- Rhetorical situations, purposes, audience and ethical issues in workplace writing genres. Collaboration processes, layout/format conventions, clarity and correctness. May include oral presentations, usability testing, portfolios. Prereq.: 191 or equivalent.
- Cross Listed Courses
Goals and Diversity
- MN Goal Course
- MN Goal Designation(s)
- Cultural Diversity
- Develop skills in managing varied genres of writing in business/corporate organizations: such as memos, research reports, letters, manuals, resumes, fliers, newsletters, web pages and other public relations materials.
- Develop skills in writing for different purposes: explanation, persuasion, analysis, reflection.
- Develop skills in analyzing audiences and adapting writing to different audiences in terms of formatting and readability.
- Develop skills in analyzing writing situations: styles, conventions, format expectations and alternatives.
- Develop skills in electronic communication: accessing and using/responding to online materials, listservs, information/data sources, visual formatting.
- Develop skills in collaboration in group writing projects.
- Develop increased capacity to address ethical concerns in writing and technology in professional communities.