CMST341 - Communication in the Workplace
- Course Number
- Course ID
- Course Level
- Instruction Mode
- Communication Studies
- Theoretical understanding of the contemporary workplace as a system of human forces and communication. Interpersonal communication skills for productive worklife. Professional presentations.
- Cross Listed Courses
Goals and Diversity
- MN Goal Course
- MN Goal Designation(s)
- Cultural Diversity
- Identify and apply communication theories, models and principles that foster effective communication for a business/workplace context.
- Summarize and investigate the influence of perception and culture on the communication process.
- Illustrate and interpret competent interpersonal communication skills for a business/workplace setting.
- Construct oral and written presentations and messages that are clear, concise, courteous and correct, using currently recognized business/workplace formats.
- Describe and apply appropriate group communication concepts and/or skills for a business/workplace setting.