Chairperson: Mikhail Blinnikov
Chairperson Address: 344 Stewart Hall
Program Address: A216 Education Building
BA in Global Studies (39 credits)
- Each GS major must have 16 credits (two full years) of foreign language or demonstrate the equivalent proficiency as verified by Languages and Cultures department. Native speakers of a language other than English may qualify for a waiver (see advisor for testing requirements).
- Up to 9 credits of GLST 444 Internship or 12 credits of education abroad can be applied to satisfy the electives in the program.
- The advisor maintains the current list of approved program electives for topical and regional courses. Topical courses are focused on Global Political and Economic Development (Track A), Global Institutions and Issues (Track B), or Global Ethics, Responsibility and Society (Track C). Four regional concentrations include: Africa and the Middle East, Asia, Europe and Russia, and the Americas.
15 credits: GLST 195
, POL 353
, and ANTH 250
or ECON 350
, and a social science research methodology course after consultation with the advisor, and GLST 490.
24 credits: Completed with advisor's approval of which 12 must be topical and 12 must be regional.
GLST 490 satisfies the Upper Division Writing requirement as a capstone seminar with a major research paper.
Minor in Global Studies (24 credits)
- Students must take GLST 195 and one additional course counting in the minor before being admitted to the minor.
- Students participating in a study abroad program can apply all relevant courses with the permission of the GLST advisor.
Program Requirements ANTH 250
, ECON 350
, HIST 106
(Global), GLST 195
, GLST 495
, POL 353
Completion of 6 credits with advisor's approval.
The contents in this catalog and other university publications, policies, fees, bulletins or announcements are subject to change without notice and do not constitute an irrevocable contract between any student and St. Cloud State University.