Medical Laboratory Science
Chairperson: Louise Millis
Address: 145 Robert H. Wick Science Building
BS in Medical Laboratory Science (61 credits)
- GPA: 2.80
- Completion of CHEM 210 and MATH 112 with a 2.0 GPA or better in the courses.
- Alternately, students may Select to apply for clinical training as SCSU students after completion of the above courses and BIOL 362, BIOL 486; CHEM 480 (instead of 241); and completion of the SCSU Liberal Education program.
- Students who have Baccalaureate Degrees in Biology or Chemistry may be eligible for the accelerated option. See Department Chair for information.
- See advisor for a list of appropriate courses.
- For 2+2 program requirements, see www.stcloudstate.edu/programs/medical-laboratory-science/details.aspx
The following courses must be included in the Liberal Education plan of each student: STAT 193
to fulfill Goal Area 4; CHEM 210
and BIOL 103
to fulfill Goal Area 3. 37 credits: BIOL 151
, CHEM 211
, CHEM 240
, CHEM 241
, MATH 112
, MLS 401
, MLS 402
, MLS 403
, MLS 404
, MLS 405
, MLS 406
, MLS 407
or MLS 444
as part of an affiliated clinical internship program.
24 credits: Elective courses are chosen in conjunction with the MLS program director and are designed to optimize the student's application for a specific clinical internship program.
The contents in this catalog and other university publications, policies, fees, bulletins or announcements are subject to change without notice and do not constitute an irrevocable contract between any student and St. Cloud State University.