- Program Title
- Degree Designation
- Program Level
- Instruction Mode
- On Campus
- Program Description
- The purpose of the Autism Certificate Program is to provide advanced, specialized training for individuals who work with K-12 pupils with autism spectrum disorders. Although this program does not lead to licensure, it enhances the knowledge and skills of undergraduate or graduate students who are employed in public school and clinical settings.
- Special Education
- College of Education and Learning Design
The GRE is not required
2.75 GPA over the last two years of undergraduate program.
SPED 623, CSD 624, CPSY 627
See program website for additional information.
- A teacher of special education: autism spectrum disorders understands the foundations of special education services for students with autism spectrum disorders on which to base practice.
- A teacher of special education: autism spectrum disorders understands and applies principles of prevention and intervening early and procedures for referral, assessment, evaluation, individualized planning, programming, and placement specific to teaching students with autism spectrum disorders
- A teacher of special education: autism spectrum disorders understands how to use individualized education program plans to design, implement, monitor, and adjust instruction for students with autism spectrum disorders.
- A teacher of special education: autism spectrum disorders cultivates and maintains positive, collaborative relationships with children and youth, families, educators, other professionals, and the community to support development and educational progress.
- A teacher of special education: autism spectrum disorders applies the standards of effective practice through a variety of early and ongoing clinical experiences in teaching children and youth with autism spectrum disorders in birth through preschool, primary (kindergarten through grade 4), and secondary (grades 5 through 12, including transition programs) settings across a range of service delivery models