3820 - Recreation and Sports Management
- Program Title
- Recreation and Sports Management
- Degree Designation
- Program Level
- Instruction Mode
- On Campus
- Program Description
- These programs are designed to prepare students to work in a variety of fields: recreation administration, therapeutic recreation, outdoor wilderness, commercial recreation, municipal recreation, or quasi-public recreation. Students may major in recreation and minor therapeutic recreation.
- School of Health and Human Services
6 credits of advisor approved electives at the 300-400 level.
Admission To Teacher Education: 0
Upper Division Writing Met
C or better in all courses required in the major. 15 credits of required REC courses (not including independent study/topic courses) must be taken at SCSU prior to enrolling in REC 444: Senior Internship. Additional transfer credits may be approved as electives with advisor permission. 2.75 major GPA and current certification in CPR/AED and First Aid required prior to enrollment in REC 444: Senior Internship.
See program website for additional information.
- <span> The student will be able to identify, explain, and apply appropriate principles of marketing, promotion, and fundraising in creating and planning a specific fundraising/promotion project for a sport management organization.</span>
- The student will demonstrate an understanding of administrative practices in sport management.
- The student will be able to identify, explain, and apply appropriate principles of problem solving (prevention) for one or more problems, challenges, and difficulties associated with a specific sport management entity (organization).
- The student will be able to demonstrate a body of knowledge and awareness of sport management knowledge and practices indicative of one who is competent to enter the workforce within the business of sport.