317 - Real Estate
- Program Title
- Real Estate
- Degree Designation
- Program Level
- Instruction Mode
- On Campus
- Program Description
- These majors are given a choice among numerous career specializations. Career opportunities are available in brokerage, sales and leasing, appraisal, mortgage banking, development, property assessing, management, construction management and brokerage office administration. This is the only accredited Real Estate major in the state of Minnesota.
- Finance, Insurance & Real Estate
- Herberger Business School
Business Core (22 credits): HBS 211, MGMT 201, MKTG 220, FIRE 371, IS 340, MGMT 383, MGMT 497, MKTG 333 or ENGL 332 or CMST 341. Real Estate Major Required Courses (24 credits): FIRE 375, FIRE 378, FIRE 386, FIRE 483, FIRE 484; BLAW 434; ECON 465, CMTY 200.
Courses selected in consultation with advisor. Select 9 credits from one of the following areas: brokerage management, sales and marketing, building and construction, finance and investments, planning and development, real estate appraisal, property management, and insurance.
Admission To Teacher Education: 0
Upper Division Writing Met
HBS Assessment Plan
Students fulfill the University's Upper Division Writing Requirement by successfully completing FIRE 378.
40 earned credits (from courses numbered 100 or higher)
2.5 Only business majors with HBS Upper Division Status or admitted business minors may enroll in 300 and 400 level Business School courses. Department permission required for all other students. Some of the required courses will count in the Liberal Education Program.
See program website for additional information.
- 1. Our students will be effective written and oral communicators.
- 2. Our students will be competent problem solvers.
- 3. Our students will be effective collaborators
- 4: Our students will be competent in the business core.
- 5: Our students will be competent in their respective disciplines/majors.