340472015 - General Business
- Program Title
- General Business
- Degree Designation
- Program Level
- Instruction Mode
- Online and On Campus
- Program Description
- The General Business major is intended for students who prefer a diversified business background without extensive concentration in any single field. It is intentionally designed to give the student maximum flexibility in course selection and to equip its graduates with multi-career adaptability. Students interested in pursing a career with a large corporation, government or their own business are provided with an in-depth exposure to several disciplines. The general nature of the major also makes it appropriate for students planning to enter law school.
- Herberger Business School
Select 27 credits from 300-400 level courses from at least three of the following ten areas: Accounting (12 credits max)
Admission To Teacher Education: Business Law (12 credits max)
Education Sequence: Entrepreneurship (6 credits max)
Upper Division Writing Met
Finance (12 credits max)
Information Systems (12 credits max)
Insurance (12 credits max)
Management (12 credits max)
Marketing (12 credits max)
Real Estate (12 credits max)
Admission GPA: Economics and/or other departments outside the Business School (3 credits max).
0 HBS Assessment Plan Students fulfill the University's Upper Division Writing Requirement by successfully completing MKTG 333. 40 earned credits (from courses numbered 100 or higher)
See program website for additional information.
- 1. Our students will be effective written and oral communicators.
- 2. Our students will be competent problem solvers.
- 3. Our students will be effective collaborators.
- 4: Our students will be competent in the business core.
- Our students will be competent in their respective disciplines/majors.