4047 - Master of Engineering Management
- Program Title
- Master of Engineering Management
- Degree Designation
- Program Level
- Instruction Mode
- Online and On Campus
- Program Description
- Engineering/Industrial Management. A program that focuses on the application of engineering principles to the planning and operational management of industrial and manufacturing operations, and prepares individuals to plan and manage such operations. Includes instruction in accounting, engineering economy, financial management, industrial and human resources management, industrial psychology, management information systems, mathematical modeling and optimization, quality control, operations research, safety and health issues, and environmental program management. (Moved from 14.3001)
- Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering
- College of Science and Engineering
The GRE is not required.
A Baccalaureate degree in engineering or technology or a closely related field from an accredited institution is required.
3.0 preferred The Engineering Management graduate program is only offered in Plymouth. Engineering Management is a program in the Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering Department.
Graduate Plan A
Research: Select 9 credits from the following: ETS 604, FIRE 577, MGMT 567, MGMT 570, MGMT 584, MGMT 586, EM 561, EM 638, EM 661, EM 662, EM 665, EM 666, EM 667, MBA 629, MBA 636, MBA 667, COMM 534, BLAW 535
Graduate Plan B
Credits: Minimum of 6 credits: EM 699
Core: Culminating Project
Research: Select 15 credits from the following: ETS 604, FIRE 577, MGMT 567, MGMT 570, MGMT 584, MGMT 586, EM 561, EM 638, EM 661, EM 662, EM 665, EM 666, EM 667, MBA 629, MBA 636, MBA 667, COMM 534, BLAW 535
Graduate Plan C
Comments: 3 credits: EM 670
See program website for additional information.
- Analyze problems related to engineering management and propose recommended solutions based scientific data analysis methods.
- Demonstrate communication and interpersonal skills by working with multicultural, global, and virtual teams
- Demonstrate leadership skills and develop strategies to obtain business results.
- Make decisions using quantitative and qualitative tools and techniques.
- Plan and manage project’s cost, schedule, and scope