ACCT404 - Internal Audit 2
- Course Number
- Course ID
- Course Level
- Instruction Mode
- Governance and security issues related to information technology. Pre-req.: ACCT 304.
- Cross Listed Courses
Goals and Diversity
- MN Goal Course
- MN Goal Designation(s)
- Cultural Diversity
- Evaluate the role internal auditors play in assessment and review of information controls and how these controls fit into the governance process within an organization.
- Describe how information technology controls relate to internal audit standards and guidelines and how this process is viewed by regulatory bodies.
- Recognize which information technology processes with organizations are prone to control issues and how this will affect the internal auditor's allocation of resources.
- Identify the roles and responsibilities for various groups within an organization regarding internal controls over information technology.
- Interpret the relationship between technology and the corporate governance profile of the organization.
- Analyze fraud risks and controls as they relate to information technology.