ACCT304 - Internal Audit 1
- Course Number
- Course ID
- Course Level
- Instruction Mode
- Nature of internal and operational auditing, performance of an operational audit. Pre-req.: ACCT 292.
- Cross Listed Courses
Goals and Diversity
- MN Goal Course
- MN Goal Designation(s)
- Cultural Diversity
- Students will be able to recognize and discuss the role internal auditors play in industry, government, and private organizations and how they fit into the governance process within these organizations.
- Students will be able to use research strategies to find internal audit standards, guidelines, and emerging issues and the relationship to relevant laws and regulations.
- Students will be able to evaluate processes within organizations that are prone to control issues and identify the implications for resource allocation.
- Students will be able to identify the roles and responsibilities within an organization with respect to internal controls.
- Students will be able to describe how technology fits into the control environment.
- Students will be able to describe fraud risks and identify related controls.
- Students will be able to demonstrate the internal audit process and how the assurance engagement is conducted.