LIB290 - Social Media in a Global Context
- Course Number
- Course ID
- Course Level
- Instruction Mode
- University Library
- Examines social media, its impact on global cultural evolution, and its use in research, analysis, and communication.
- Cross Listed Courses
Goals and Diversity
- MN Goal Course
- MN Goal Designation(s)
- Cultural Diversity
- Demonstrate an awareness of their connection to other cultures through social media and determine the development, scope, and impact of social media on the individual and society.
- Compare and examine political, economic, social, educational, and cultural factors which affect social media in different environments.
- Identify how social media affects cultural, local, state, and international relations.
- Collect information about selected international issues and associated organizations, and integrate their research findings into problem solving using social media for a cultural, local, state, or international organization.
- Determine and evaluate their individual role in global cultural development through social media, and analyze current social media practices of individuals, organizations and governments.