LIB180 - Introduction to Academic Research
- Course Number
- Course ID
- Course Level
- Instruction Mode
- University Library
- Students will understand the dynamic nature of academic research, including developing a research process, locating scholarly resources, and organizing scholarly information.
- Cross Listed Courses
Goals and Diversity
- MN Goal Course
- MN Goal Designation(s)
- Cultural Diversity
- Identify academic expectations in relation to research in higher education; distinguish between reporting and research.
- Generate a research question, determine what questions are appropriate for an academic setting, and translate a research question into a research strategy.
- Select appropriate resources to support an academic inquiry, develop appropriate evaluation criteria, and communicate results of the research.
- Identify and use an appropriate citation style and apply correct practices in quoting, citing, and paraphrasing with an awareness of intellectual property and copyright.