HONS160 - Honors English Composition
- Course Number
- Course ID
- Course Level
- Instruction Mode
- Academic Support
- Introduction to effective communication through the writing process. Content varies, reflecting humankind's literary and intellectual wealth and the variety of ways to approach it. Substitutes for ENGL 191 or ENGL 198 in any SCSU requirement.
- Cross Listed Courses
- Number Of Repeats
Goals and Diversity
- MN Goal Course
- MN Goal Designation(s)
- Cultural Diversity
- Understand/demonstrate the writing and speaking processes through invention, organization, drafting, revision, editing and presentation.
- Participate effectively in groups with emphasis on listening, critical and reflective thinking, and responding.
- Locate, evaluate, and synthesize in a responsible manner material from diverse sources and points of view.
- Select appropriate communication choices for specific audiences.
- Construct logical and coherent arguments.
- Use authority, point-of-view, and individual voice and style in their writing and speaking.
- Employ syntax and usage appropriate to academic disciplines and the professional world.