COLL111 - Career Planning
- Course Number
- Course ID
- Course Level
- Instruction Mode
- Academic Support
- Exploration of interests, values, abilities, personality, and goals as they relate to educational and career planning. Self-assessment, major and career information research, decision-making, workplace trends, resume writing, job searching skills, and career management. 2 Cr. F, S, Sum.
- Cross Listed Courses
Goals and Diversity
- MN Goal Course
- MN Goal Designation(s)
- Cultural Diversity
- Identify life experiences, personal characteristics, values, interests, motives and abilities that influence their occupational choices.
- Evaluate, integrate and prioritize various life roles.
- Use various decision-making and learning styles and articulate what constitutes effective decision making for each student.
- Develop a support system for major and career decisions.
- Identify possible majors and careers that are congruent with individual interests, values and abilities.
- Describe various factors that influence career choices and career development.
- Describe how others impact identity development and connect it to family history/careers, environment and life changes.
- Describe what things outside individual control might influence career decisions now and in the future.
- Connect past and present academic successes and academic difficulties to formulate academic plan.
- Synthesize personal information about majors and careers.
- Analyze feedback and visit with employers to discuss, compare, and identify employment opportunities.
- Describe and reflect on contributions to their future goal planning.