BLAW235 - The Legal, Ethical, and Global Environment of Business
- Course Number
- Course ID
- Course Level
- Instruction Mode
- Business Law
- Legal, ethical, environmental, political, and global issues affecting business. Governmental regulations, employment relationships, contracts, product liability, consumer protection, and business forms.
- Cross Listed Courses
Goals and Diversity
- MN Goal Course
- MN Goal Designation(s)
- Cultural Diversity
- Apply the court system to business disputes and compare and contrast conflict resolution alternatives.
- Identify and explain means of business influence on political and governmental processes.
- Describe and apply the constitutional rights of free speech and due process to business settings.
- Identify, distinguish and apply legal principles to business situations in the areas of contracts, torts, consumer and employee rights, and employment relationships.
- Identify ethical dilemmas and stakeholders and evaluate the consequences of ethical decisions in business situations.
- Recognize and respond to the global and culturally diverse context in which business and business law function.
- Independently and collaboratively evaluate and defend alternative outcomes in legal case scenarios.
- Communicate legal and/or ethical principles and interpretive analyses orally or in writing.