HLTH210 - Principles of Nutrition
- Course Number
- Course ID
- Course Level
- Instruction Mode
- Overview of basic principles of nutrition including applied nutrition, selecting an adequate diet, dietary standards and guidelines, dietary problems, dietary analysis and assessment, clinical applications of nutrition.
- Cross Listed Courses
Goals and Diversity
- MN Goal Course
- MN Goal Designation(s)
- Cultural Diversity
- Analyze the role of nutrients in the body.
- Appraise how nutrition affects health.
- Determine the ways food conveys emotional satisfaction, hormonal stimuli, and cultural preferences.
- Evaluate clinical applications of nutrition for the prevention of cardiovascular disease, cancer, diabetes, vitamin deficiencies, and other chronic illnesses.
- Estimate dietary reference intakes and daily values.
- Explain principles of food safety and food technology.
- Compute nutritional assessments using diet analysis software.