GEOG432 - Applied Geography Seminar
- Course Number
- Course ID
- Course Level
- Instruction Mode
- Field Work
- Geography & Planning
- Capstone project course for Geography majors. Independent original research culminating in a public presentation and written thesis. Satisfies Upper Writing Division Requirement for GEOG B.A. Prereq.: Geography majors; 390 and consent of instructor.
- Cross Listed Courses
Goals and Diversity
- MN Goal Course
- MN Goal Designation(s)
- Cultural Diversity
- Develop effective and original research question(s) in a study in one of the following areas of geography: i) physical geography; ii) techniques; iii) human-environment interaction; iv) human geography
- Locate, summarize, critically appraise, and synthesize appropriate scholarly materials in the preparation of a literature review in their chosen area of study.
- Identify, describe, justify choice of, execute, and evaluate a relevant method to research questions developed for chosen topic of study.
- Present overall research project orally and in written form consistent with UDWR criteria.