ACCT487 - Operational Auditing
- Course Number
- Course ID
- Course Level
- Instruction Mode
- Nature of internal and operational auditing, performance of an operational audit. Prereq.: MGMT 301, MGMT 383, FIRE 371, MKTG 320 or permission of instructor.
- Cross Listed Courses
Goals and Diversity
- MN Goal Course
- MN Goal Designation(s)
- Cultural Diversity
- Describe the role internal auditors play in industry, government, and private organizations and how they fit into the governance process within these organizations.
- Examine and describe internal audit standards, guidelines and emerging issues in such areas as Committee on Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO), Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB), Sarbanes Oxley Act, and other relevant laws and regulations.
- Recognize which processes within organizations are prone to control issues and the roles and the responsibilities for various groups within an organization and use this information to evaluate how this will affect the internal auditor's allocation of resources.
- Evaluate how technology fits into the control environment.
- Examine fraud risks and controls.
- Explain and evaluate the internal audit process and how the assurance and consulting engagements are conducted under the Institute of Internal Audit Standards.