ACCT486 - Financial Auditing
- Course Number
- Course ID
- Course Level
- Instruction Mode
- Nature of the audit function, nature of audit evidence, audit standards and procedures, professional ethics, and audit reports. Prereq.: "C" or better in ACCT 382.
- Cross Listed Courses
Goals and Diversity
- MN Goal Course
- MN Goal Designation(s)
- Cultural Diversity
- Examine assurance, attestation, and auditing fundamentals used by accounting professionals.
- Apply U.S. Generally Accepted Auditing Standards and procedures to auditing, assurance, and attestation engagements. a. assess risk inherent in financial statement assertions b. analyze financial and non-financial data c. evaluate internal controls, incorporating the management responsibilities required by the Sarbanes Oxley Act and Auditing Standard No. 5 d. design audit programs for financial statement audits e. identify conditions that lead to fraud
- Explain and apply the AICPA (American Institute of CPAs) Code of Professional Conduct and the PCAOB (Public Company Accounting Oversight Board) Ethics & Independence standards.
- Apply an ethics framework to identify and examine alternatives and resolve ethical dilemmas.