ACCT481 - Advanced Accounting
- Course Number
- Course ID
- Course Level
- Instruction Mode
- Accounting for business combinations, consolidated financial statements, and partnerships. Prereq.: "C" or better in ACCT 382.
- Cross Listed Courses
Goals and Diversity
- MN Goal Course
- MN Goal Designation(s)
- Cultural Diversity
- Prepare consolidated financial statements in conformity with GAAP and explain and interpret the following complicating factors: a. partial ownership of investee companies, b. valuation differentials, and c. intercompany inventory, plant asset, and bond transactions.
- Compute basic and diluted earnings per share for a consolidated entity.
- Allocate income for complex ownership structures involving indirect and mutual stock holdings.
- Analyze and record partnership transactions for: a. formation of partnership, b. subsequent operation of the partnership, c. changes in ownership interests, and d. partnership liquidation.
- Prepare partnership financial statements and associated allocations for partnerships.