BA in Professional Writing, Media, and Rhetoric (40 credits)
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Students analyze discourse from a variety of theoretical perspectives, as they pertain to the appropriate fields of rhetoric/composition, linguistics, literary study, and/or creative writing.
- Students articulate connections between theories and practices
- Students demonstrate their understanding of theory and practice connections through teaching/tutoring/service learning in departmental or external programs.
- Students develop an understanding of rhetorical situations including ability to respond to those situations through writing.
- Students develop awareness of international and/or diverse cultures through course content, readings, teaching and professional development opportunities.
- Students develop intercultural communicative competency through activities such as international or diverse cultural experiences within and outside course work, including teaching and professional development opportunities.
- Students develop an awareness of professional options available to them and the types of preparation necessary for succeeding in their chosen career.
- Students integrate critical, theoretical knowledge and reflective practice in a variety of forms and in a variety of contexts.
- Students analyze and evaluate historical and contemporary research as it pertains to a particular discipline.
- Depending on emphasis area, students conduct a culminating scholarly or creative achievement of research project and report the results for an academic audience.
The contents in this catalog and other university publications, policies, fees, bulletins or announcements are subject to change without notice and do not constitute an irrevocable contract between any student and St. Cloud State University.