BA in English Studies - General (40 credits)
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Learn to read and write about texts, demonstrating sensitivity to language, meaning, tone, imagery, point of view, and socio-historical context.
- Learn to develop an effective written response, argument, or exposition that is appropriate for a particular purpose, audience, situation, and authorial role.
- Develop familiarity with a broad range of the literatures in English--as appropriate to each major program--in terms of its integrating traditions and its diversity.
- Learn to recognize and work with the technique and form of a work in relation to its genre, and to see works within a genre tradition.
- Learn to respond with understanding and critical sophistication to works that embody behaviors, values, and perspectives that are unfamiliar to the student’s own point of view.
- Develop an awareness of the disciplinary frameworks, terminology, and theoretical and critical issues in English studies.
The contents in this catalog and other university publications, policies, fees, bulletins or announcements are subject to change without notice and do not constitute an irrevocable contract between any student and St. Cloud State University.