BS in Computer Science (77-82 credits)
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Apply structured principles and good practices to the task of developing software systems.
- Understand how hardware provides the necessary structure for execution and influences the design of software.
- Understand general operating system functions and structures, comprehend system capabilities, and modify systems to meet specifications.
- Effectively communicate both technical and non-technical aspects of their work in formal and informal situations.
- Understand the professional code of ethics and the need to conduct themselves in a professional manner.
- Apply formal methods to the process of constructing systems and appreciate the need to study and develop such methods.
- Analyze the processes used when designing a system and employ established frameworks to evaluate the completed work.
- Apply the principles learned in the core curriculum to various application domains, build on these principles, and stay current in their knowledge.
The contents in this catalog and other university publications, policies, fees, bulletins or announcements are subject to change without notice and do not constitute an irrevocable contract between any student and St. Cloud State University.