BS in Software Engineering (100 credits)
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, and safety.
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve real-world problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively. An ability to work in one or more significant application domains. An ability to manage the development of software systems.
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- An ability to appropriately analyze, design, verify, validate, implement, apply, and maintain software systems.
- An ability to apply discrete mathematics, probability and statistics, and relevant topics in computer science and support disciplines to complex software systems.
The contents in this catalog and other university publications, policies, fees, bulletins or announcements are subject to change without notice and do not constitute an irrevocable contract between any student and St. Cloud State University.