BS in Social Studies: Economics (21 credits)
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will evaluate the concepts, theories and philosophies of the various
social sciences (history, geography, sociology, psychology, economics and political science).
- Students will demonstrate how to convert knowledge of specific content into organized curriculum and pedagogical methods to improve instruction for middle school and high school students.
- Students will assess state and national standards and develop pedagogical methods to meet these.
- Students will critique and select/adapt Social Studies curriculum materials appropriate for various types of Social Studies instruction and assessment.
- Students will investigate appropriate instructional technologies and describe/demonstrate how to incorporate them into the classroom setting.
- Students will develop student assessment materials appropriate for various age groups and content areas.
The contents in this catalog and other university publications, policies, fees, bulletins or announcements are subject to change without notice and do not constitute an irrevocable contract between any student and St. Cloud State University.