MS in Special Education (30-33 credits)
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Understands the central concepts, tools of inquiry and history and context of developmental disabilities as a foundation on which to base practice.
- Understands referral, assessment, planning, and placement procedures specific to teaching student with developmental disabilities.
- Understands how to use individual education plans to design and implement developmentally appropriate instruction for students with developmental disabilities.
- Communicates and interacts with students, families, other teachers, and the community to support student learning and well-being.
- Applies the standards of effective practice in teaching students with developmental disabilities through a variety of early and ongoing clinical experiences.
The contents in this catalog and other university publications, policies, fees, bulletins or announcements are subject to change without notice and do not constitute an irrevocable contract between any student and St. Cloud State University.