BS in Nursing (98 credits)
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Integrate theory and research-based knowledge and skill from the arts, sciences, humanities, informatics and genetics into professional nursing practice.
- Practice nurse leadership skills in a culturally diverse, rapidly changing, global society; engaging in professional development to provide high quality and safe patient care through quality improvement.
- Utilize critical thinking in the provision of holistic, evidence-based practice including integrative health that is culturally and ethnically sensitive and addresses the needs of individuals, families, groups, communities and populations in all stages of life.
- Integrate knowledge and skills in information management and patient care technology into nursing practice.
- Examine healthcare policy, including financial and regulatory environments to influence the delivery of high quality and safe patient-centered care.
- Communicate and collaborate with interprofessional teams in the design, management and provision of safe, evidence based, patient- centered care.
- Contribute to improvements in individual and population health through health promotion and disease prevention including the rural and underserved communities.
- Integrate professional values of altruism, autonomy, human dignity, integrity and social justice into a personal philosophy of nursing practice with caring at the core.
The contents in this catalog and other university publications, policies, fees, bulletins or announcements are subject to change without notice and do not constitute an irrevocable contract between any student and St. Cloud State University.