BA in Music - Composition Concentration (63 credits)
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Understand and be able to apply analytical, aural, and keyboard skills in a variety of musical situations, as well as a thorough knowledge of compositional techniques for a range of ensembles and performing media (acoustic and electronic).
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of a diverse body of music in its historical and cultural context, and articulate the relationships between music, the arts, and other disciplines.
- Apply music technology in its various forms at the advanced level for performance, composition, and scholarly pursuits.
- Apply principles of technique and musicianship appropriate to the intermediate level in the performance of music from diverse styles and time periods in both solo and ensemble settings, and be able to produce their own music in live performance.
- Demonstrate ability to think critically and act independently at a high level as a life-long musical creator, scholar, and performer.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively -- musically, verbally and in writing — and adapt to diverse contexts and audiences.
The contents in this catalog and other university publications, policies, fees, bulletins or announcements are subject to change without notice and do not constitute an irrevocable contract between any student and St. Cloud State University.