BMus in Music - Instrumental Performance (80 credits)
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Understand and be able to apply analytical, aural, and keyboard skills in a variety of musical situations.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of a diverse body of music in its historical and cultural context, and articulate the relationships between music, the arts, and other disciplines.
- Apply music technology in its various forms for teaching, performance, composition, and scholarly pursuits.
- Apply principles of technique and musicianship appropriate to the advanced level in the performance of music from diverse styles and time periods in both solo and ensemble settings.
- Demonstrate ability to think critically and act independently at a high level as a life-long musical creator, scholar, and performer.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively -- musically, verbally and in writing — and adapt to diverse contexts and audiences.
The contents in this catalog and other university publications, policies, fees, bulletins or announcements are subject to change without notice and do not constitute an irrevocable contract between any student and St. Cloud State University.