BS in Entrepreneurship (88 credits)
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Our students will be effective written and oral communicators. Students will communicate a business idea using appropriate organization, expression, and mechanics; write competently in their disciplines (assessed in required major courses); and make an effective business presentation.
- Our students will be competent problem solvers. Students will prepare and defend an effective solution to a business case or problem.
- Our students will be effective collaborators. Students will effectively contribute to the completion of group tasks; responsibly fulfill their role(s) in the group; and cooperate with and value the viewpoints of other group members.
- Our students will be competent in the business core. Students will demonstrate understanding of and apply core disciplinary concepts in business; recognize ethical problems and present defensible ethical solutions; and apply global perspectives to business situations.
- Our students will be competent in their respective disciplines/majors. Objectives for this goal are different for each major. Entrepreneurship majors will develop a complete business plan; identify the key roles of a small business manager/owner; describe factors of ethical and socially responsible behavior in small businesses; apply analytical techniques to small business situations; assess the global aspects of markets on small business; understand the process of new product/service/business development; identify and apply legal principles related to small business; and conduct and interpret market research.
The contents in this catalog and other university publications, policies, fees, bulletins or announcements are subject to change without notice and do not constitute an irrevocable contract between any student and St. Cloud State University.