Chairperson: William Picconatto
Address: 327 Halenbeck Hall
BS in Athletic Training (52 credits)
- GPA: 2.50
- Completion of PESS 249, PESS 303, PESS 304 with a grade of "C-" or better.
- Completion of admission packet, essay and interview if an eligibility requirements completed.
- Athletic Training Degree Requirement Changes:
Changes in the degree requirements by the National Athletic Training Association and the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education Programs require Athletic Training programs change from a Bachelor’s degree to a Masters Level entry degree. Saint Cloud State University's undergraduate Athletic Training program will graduate its last Bachelor degree students at the end of Spring semester in the academic year 2021-2022. Incoming first year students for academic year 2019-2020 and later will not have the undergraduate athletic training major available to them. If you have questions, please contact Sean Degerstrom (email: firstname.lastname@example.org or voice mail: 320-308-4718) or the Kinesiology department at 320-308-4251.
- All students must maintain a grade point of 2.75 in the major with no required course's grade below a "C-".
- PESS 303, PESS 307, PESS 308, PESS 309, PESS 310, PESS 311, PESS 313, PESS 314, PESS 315, PESS 316, PESS 317, PESS 318, PESS 405, and PESS 406 must be taken at SCSU (no course transfer, arranged class, independent study, assessment of prior learning or credit by examination acceptable).
- PESS 303 requires a minimum of 8 to 10 hours per week observation in the athletic training rooms. PESS 307, PESS 308, PESS 309, PESS 310 and PESS 311 each require a minimum of 15 hours to a maximum of 20 hours per week depending on sport assignments in the athletic training rooms or clinical sites.
- PESS 311 will require the student to be at off campus clinical sites. Students must provide their own transportation to the clinical site and pay parking if required. Students must pay for a background check prior to placement if required by the clinical site.
- CPR/AED and First Aid certification required at the time of admission and must be maintained throughout the program. Students are required to have and maintain professional liability insurance and CPR certification once accepted to the Athletic Training Program. Students must progress through the ATP specific courses as outlined in the degree map for their cohort.
All required courses must be taken for an "A-F" grade.
, HLTH 412
; PESS 249
, PESS 303
, PESS 304
, PESS 307
, PESS 308
, PESS 309
, PESS 310
, PESS 311
, PESS 313
, PESS 314
, PESS 315
, PESS 316
, PESS 317
, PESS 318
, PESS 349
, PESS 405
, PESS 406
, PESS 448
, PESS 449
The contents in this catalog and other university publications, policies, fees, bulletins or announcements are subject to change without notice and do not constitute an irrevocable contract between any student and St. Cloud State University.