624 - Insurance
- Program Title
- Degree Designation
- Program Level
- Instruction Mode
- On Campus
- Program Description
- Students who seek the Insurance Major prepare for work in the insurance industry and insurance-related areas such as human resources, risk management, and financial planning. You'll learn the theories and practices involved in property and liability insurance, social insurance, life and health insurance, risk management and employee benefits and group insurance. You'll acquire skills that are in growing demand in the accounting, information and medical fields.
- Finance, Insurance & Real Estate
- Herberger Business School
Business Core (22 credits): HBS 211, MGMT 201, MKTG 220, FIRE 371, IS 340, MGMT 383, MGMT 497, MKTG 333 or ENGL 332 or CMST 341. Insurance Major Required Courses (21 credits): FIRE 373, FIRE 375, FIRE 378, FIRE 475, FIRE 476, FIRE 479, FIRE 480.
Admission To Teacher Education: 0
Upper Division Writing Met
HBS Assessment Plan
Students fulfill the University's Upper Division Writing Requirement by successfully completing FIRE 378.
40 earned credits (from courses numbered 100 or higher)
2.5 Only business majors with HBS Upper Division Status or admitted business minors may enroll in 300 and 400 level Business School courses. Department permission required for all other students. Some of the required courses will count in the Liberal Education Program.
See program website for additional information.
- 1. Our students will be effective written and oral communicators.
- 2. Our students will be competent problem solvers.
- 3. Our students will be effective collaborators.
- 4: Our students will be competent in the business core.
- 5: Our students will be competent in their respective disciplines/majors.