CNA531 - Offensive and Defensive Security Principles and Techniques
- Course Number
- Course ID
- Course Level
- Instruction Mode
- Computer Science/Information Technology
- Analysis of vulnerabilities in OSI layer. Architecture and taxonomy of Intrusion Prevention Systems. Anomaly-based and signature-based systems. Virtual honeypots. Techniques and ethics of offensive security. Pre-req.: CNA 426 or ECE 423 or CSCI 413 (or undergraduate or graduate equivalent) or both SE 221 and CSCI 201 or equivalent.
- Cross Listed Courses
Goals and Diversity
- MN Goal Course
- MN Goal Designation(s)
- Cultural Diversity
- Analyze security vulnerabilities of protocols in the OSI layer.
- Design secure network architecture for intrusion detection and prevention.
- Apply virtualization techniques, and design virtual honeypots.
- Apply reconnaissance operations, identify attack targets, and create attack payload.