MBA617 - Operations Management
- Course Number
- Course ID
- Course Level
- Instruction Mode
- Strategic topics in operations management, including process analysis, supply chain, quality, enterprise resource planning, lean systems related to achieving competitiveness. Prereq.: MBA 601 or by permission of the MBA advisor for non-MBA students.
- Cross Listed Courses
Goals and Diversity
- MN Goal Course
- MN Goal Designation(s)
- Cultural Diversity
- Explain and provide examples of operations strategies and how they can be strategic weapons for the organization.
- Demonstrate how to analyze operations processes.
- Apply Quality Management concepts to service and manufacturing environments to improve performance.
- Compare and contrast different supply chain strategies.
- Explain the meaning, strategic importance, and challenges of "Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)".
- Define, explain, and provide examples of lean management.
- Demonstrate abilities to write for and speak to a professional business audience.