ENGL308 - Introduction to Rhetorical Theories
- Course Number
- Course ID
- Course Level
- Instruction Mode
- Classical and modern rhetorical theories and concepts applied to contemporary cultural contexts and rhetorical situations. Critical approaches to analyzing historical, popular or scholarly written, visual and multi-modal texts.
- Cross Listed Courses
Goals and Diversity
- MN Goal Course
- MN Goal Designation(s)
- Cultural Diversity
- Analyze shifts in rhetorical theory within historical time periods.
- Examine rhetorical figures and concepts from classical times to the present.
- Analyze and write about texts and materials examined in class.
- Analyze rhetoric's influence on decisions, actions, and identities.
- Apply classical rhetorical frameworks to contemporary artifacts and contexts.