ACCT485 - Corporate Governance
- Course Number
- Course ID
- Course Level
- Instruction Mode
- Develop an understanding of corporate organizations and responsibilities of parties within the corporation. Gain an understanding of Sarbanes Oxley. Develop an understanding of corporate topics and research necessary to communicate and coordinate financial reporting. Prereq.: ACCT 292 plus 90 credits completed.
- Cross Listed Courses
Goals and Diversity
- MN Goal Course
- MN Goal Designation(s)
- Cultural Diversity
- Describe corporate organizations and recall the relevant responsibilities of various parties within the corporation for overall corporate governance, financial reporting and communication to investors.
- Distinguish the various aspects of Sarbanes Oxley that are relevant to the operation of the board of directors and audit committee, financial reporting and investor communication.
- Identify the relevance of corporate topics reported in the financial press and perform the research necessary to relate the issues to corporate governance and financial reporting.
- Identify the communication and coordination necessary within the corporate framework to produce timely and accurate financial reporting to investors.