HONS161 - Honors English Composition (Diversity/MGM)
- Course Number
- Course ID
- Course Level
- Instruction Mode
- Academic Support
- Same as HONS 160, but with a special focus on multicultural, international, or ethnic subject matter.
- Cross Listed Courses
- Number Of Repeats
Goals and Diversity
- MN Goal Course
- MN Goal Designation(s)
- Cultural Diversity
- Understand/demonstrate the writing and speaking processes through invention, organization, drafting, revision, editing and presentation.
- Participate effectively in groups with emphasis on listening, critical and reflective thinking, and responding.
- Locate, evaluate, and synthesize in a responsible manner material from diverse sources and points of view.
- Select appropriate communication choices for specific audiences.
- Construct logical and coherent arguments.
- Use authority, point-of-view, and individual voice and style in their writing and speaking.
- Employ syntax and usage appropriate to academic disciplines and the professional world.