SCI440 - Seminar in Science Teaching
- Course Number
- Course ID
- Course Level
- Instruction Mode
- Chemistry & Biochemistry
- A companion to field experiences/student teaching. Reflections and application of science teaching strategies.
- Cross Listed Courses
Goals and Diversity
- MN Goal Course
- MN Goal Designation(s)
- Cultural Diversity
- Develop and deliver appropriate curricula and materials for teaching secondary school science during their student teaching experience.
- Summarize and appraise the use of appropriate safety requirements for teaching secondary school science as used in their teaching placement.
- Evaluate and reflect on the use of appropriate teaching strategies used during their student teaching experience.
- Research and design a plan for professional development experiences for their first years of teaching.
- Prepare a Teacher Performance Assessment (TPA) portfolio based on a 5 day unit plan, as described by the State of Minnesota.