MATH072 - Intermediate Algebra
- Course Number
- Course ID
- Course Level
- Instruction Mode
- Mathematics & Statistics
- Linear equations, inequalities, polynomials, graphs, systems of equations, algebraic fractions, radicals, quadratic equations, exponents, functions. Course credits apply towards financial aid requirements and GPA (grade point average), but do not count toward graduation. Offered by the Math Skills Center. Prereq.: MATH 070 or high school advanced algebra with satisfactory math placement score.
- Go to www.stcloudstate.edu/mathplacement Placement req prior to Registration
- Cross Listed Courses
Goals and Diversity
- MN Goal Course
- MN Goal Designation(s)
- Cultural Diversity
- Solve applied mathematical problems.
- Add, subtract, multiply and factor polynomials and divide polynomials by a monomial.
- Add, subtract, multiply, divide and simplify rational expressions.
- Simplify algebraic radical expressions and perform operations with radicals.
- Convert expressions between radical form and exponential form.
- Solve literal, linear, absolute value, quadratic, rational and radical equations.
- Solve linear and quadratic inequalities.
- Solve systems of 2 x 2 linear equations.
- Recognize functional notation, identify domain, evaluate a function for a specified numerical value, sketch a graph, and perform arithmetic operations with functions. This includes linear, quadratic, absolute value, square root, and exponential functions.
- Translate between graphical, tabular, verbal and symbolic forms of functions.