HLTH412 - Advanced Nutrition
- Course Number
- Course ID
- Course Level
- Instruction Mode
- Current topics in nutrition, relationship of nutrition to physical performance; methods of nutritional assessment; and complex nutrient needs. Prereq.: 210 or permission of instructor.
- Cross Listed Courses
Goals and Diversity
- MN Goal Course
- MN Goal Designation(s)
- Cultural Diversity
- Describe the scientific method and different research methodologies.
- Describe the cell: microcosm of life.
- Describe the digestive system and its relation with nutrition.
- Describe the structural/functional characteristics of carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins, and minerals.
- Describe the oxidative and phosphorylation process.
- Describe the metabolic pathways for carbohydrates, fats, proteins, and vitamins.
- Describe the importance of macro/micro minerals and water for the normal functioning of the body.
- Provide clinical applications of the metabolic process of nutrients and minerals in the body.
- Describe the impact of proper nutrition on exercise, sport, and body composition.