FIRE371 - Managerial Finance
- Course Number
- Course ID
- Course Level
- Instruction Mode
- Finance, Insurance & Real Estate
- Basic concepts in finance: Time value of money, financial ratio analysis, and security valuation. Corporate financial decisions: capital budgeting, choice of capital structure, and working capital management.
- Cross Listed Courses
Goals and Diversity
- MN Goal Course
- MN Goal Designation(s)
- Cultural Diversity
- Describe the basic types of financial management decisions, the role of financial managers, alternative forms of business organization, and agency relationships.
- Calculate and analyze financial ratios based on firms' financial statements.
- Describe the characteristics of stocks & bonds and calculate the value of different investment instruments such as perpetuity, annuity, stocks, and bonds by applying the time-value-of-money concept.
- Describe the relationship between risk and return and the benefits of diversification, and calculate and analyze the different measures of risk.
- Compute a company's cost of capital/debt/equity and evaluate a project using capital budgeting decision rules.