ACCT493 - International Accounting
- Course Number
- Course ID
- Course Level
- Instruction Mode
- Accounting theory and practice, taxation, and special reporting problems of several major industrial countries. Multinational corporate accounting problems.
- Cross Listed Courses
Goals and Diversity
- MN Goal Course
- MN Goal Designation(s)
- Cultural Diversity
- Identify and describe the global accounting environment.
- Examine the major accounting issues faced by companies engaged in international business and explain the differing roles of accounting worldwide.
- Describe the culture and institutional differences that affect accounting practices in different countries.
- Examine International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and distinguish the recognition, measurement, and disclosure differences between IFRS and U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Evaluate the arguments for and against a global set of accounting standards.
- Further develop research, critical thinking, problem-solving, analytical, communication, presentation, spreadsheet, or collaboration skills.