Community Psychology, Counseling and Family Therapy
Co-Chairpersons: Amy Knopf, William Lepkowski
Address: B210 Education Building
Certificate in Addictions Specialist (27 credits)
- GPA: 2.75
- A baccalaureate degree in a related field is required.
- If the baccalaureate degree does not include course equivalents, the following courses are prerequistes: CPSY 323 and CPSY 324, CPSY 325, CPSY 327.
- Submission of a statement of intent that includes reference to addictions in your life (direct or indirectly).
- Successfully complete a personal interview with faculty from the chemical dependency training program and representatives of the chemical dependency profession.
- Provide written verification of one year of abstinence from drugs if in recovery.
- Students completing six credits of internship as CPSY 696 or CPSY 545 as part of their master's degree program will complete six additional credits beyond the master's degree as required to meet the internship requirements for addictions licensure.
- Chemical Dependency Internships.The internship experience involves 880 hours of supervised training, 440 hours in an inpatient chemical dependency treatment center in central Minnesota and surrounding communities. An additional 440 hours of supervised training in an outpatient treatment setting are required to complete the requirements. Sites include public and private treatment facilities for adolescents and adults, regional human service centers, and veterans' hospitals. Acceptance for internship requires approval of the internship review committee following the completion of all course work.
This program provides coursework leading to eligibility for a certificate.
27 credits: CPSY 502
, CPSY 537
, CPSY 538
, CPSY 539
, CPSY 545
, CPSY 684,
See Department for electives.
Certificate in School Counseling (22 credits)
- GPA: 2.75
- A master's degree in counseling, psychology, human development, education, special education, social work, or any other mental health field is required to qualify for certificate the program.
- The GRE is not required.
- Successful completion of an interview is required.
- See program website for more information.
- Contact department to set up interview date and time.
This program provides coursework leading to eligibility for a graduate certificate.
, CEEP 654, CEEP 668
, CEEP 670, CEEP 681
, CEEP 696
. Students without a current Minnesota Educator License: CEEP 361
, ED 647
, HURL 497
, HURL 498
, (counts as one class).
The contents in this catalog and other university publications, policies, fees, bulletins or announcements are subject to change without notice and do not constitute an irrevocable contract between any student and St. Cloud State University.