BA in English - Creative Writing (40 credits)
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Learn to recognize and develop a working knowledge of representative texts and writers within a genre tradition in order to contribute and respond to that tradition creatively.
- Produce their own work within the genre, with a focus on process from idea generation through drafting and revision to final draft.
- Develop a working knowledge of the vocabulary of craft.
- Develop a working knowledge of the stylistic choices available to writers within a genre tradition and an awareness of possible motivations and implications of those choices.
- Learn to respond responsibly and constructively to creative works produced both by professional writers and student peers.
- Gain experience with the production of creative publications and/or the performance of creative works.
The contents in this catalog and other university publications, policies, fees, bulletins or announcements are subject to change without notice and do not constitute an irrevocable contract between any student and St. Cloud State University.