MA in Biological Sciences (36 credits)
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Graduates will be prepared for additional advanced study if they wish to continue beyond the Master's degree.
- Graduates will be prepared to perform as professional biologists in a number of work settings (e.g., health care, government, business, education, research, etc.).
- Graduate students will analyze experimental and/or observational results and draw appropriate conclusions from laboratory or field experiences.
- Graduate students will demonstrate content knowledge of the primary literature.
- Graduate students will present scientific content (e.g., graduate seminars, lectures, poster sessions).
- Thesis option graduate students will design and implement a formal research proposal and project.
- Thesis option graduate students will organize and write the results of original research consistent with requirements of current biological literature, and non-thesis graduate students will take an exit exam demonstrating knowledge of current biological literature.
- Graduate Research Oral Presentation Rubric.
- Graduate Research Paper Rubric.
- Graduate Thesis Defense Rubric; Graduate Thesis Proposal Rubric.
The contents in this catalog and other university publications, policies, fees, bulletins or announcements are subject to change without notice and do not constitute an irrevocable contract between any student and St. Cloud State University.