BA in Spanish (37 credits)
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will achieve an advanced low level of Spanish language skills. They will be able to communicate effectively with native speakers and interact with them in Spanish.
- Students will be able to demonstrate an understanding of the history, geography, customs and cultures of the Spanish-speaking world and the varied groups that speak Spanish.
- Students will be able to demonstrate an understanding and appreciation for different forms of cultural expression in Spanish, including art, literature, music, film, forms of dress, customs, food, etc.
- Students will be able to successfully navigate the Spanish-speaking world and articulate their relationship to it.
- Identify, describe and analyze (a) cultural, social or literary issue(s) pertaining to the culture in Spanish-speaking countries in a research paper that demonstrates at least advanced low level of written proficiency according to the ACTFL scale.
- Evaluate their own language with regard to grammar, stylistics and pragmatics, and accurately communicate the interrelationships of language and culture and understand that cultural knowledge and understanding are interdisciplinary.
The contents in this catalog and other university publications, policies, fees, bulletins or announcements are subject to change without notice and do not constitute an irrevocable contract between any student and St. Cloud State University.