BS in German (40 credits)
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Understand language as a system.
- Understand first and second language acquisition theory and how this informs practice.
- Demonstrate intermediate-high level speaking proficiency as defined in the ACTFL Proficiency Guidelines established by the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages.
- Comprehend, interpret, and evaluate information received in the target language through reading and listening at the level that results from demonstrating the speaking proficiency.
- Use familiar topics to write narratives and descriptions of a factual nature or routine correspondence consisting of several paragraphs at a level understandable to a native speaker of the target language.
The contents in this catalog and other university publications, policies, fees, bulletins or announcements are subject to change without notice and do not constitute an irrevocable contract between any student and St. Cloud State University.